Global LTE Roaming Manager – Canadian and Western European Markets, Basking Ridge, NJTweet
Posted On: November 10, 2011
About Verizon Wireless: A career with Verizon Wireless is not like a career anywhere else. Our dynamic, innovative, high-growth environment, combined with a genuine desire to make success achievable at work and in life, translates into award-winning training and benefits, a strong commitment to diversity, and exceptional opportunities for professional growth for every member of the Verizon Wireless team. A respected industry leader, Verizon Wireless is home to the most reliable network, quality products and services, and customer service that is second to none. As we work to stay at the leading edge technologically, we remain committed to offering customers across the U.S. the most reliable service on the nation’s best wireless voice and data network, and offering employees unlimited opportunities to excel.
The Manager of Global LTE Roaming is accountable for supporting the overall marketing plan to bring global LTE roaming for Verizon Wireless customers traveling overseas and also laying the groundwork for inbound LTE roaming. This position will focus particularly on the Canadian and Western European markets. The overall goal of this position is to drive global roaming revenue growth, ensure a best in class experience on international LTE networks, increase inbound roaming revenues, and drive Verizon’s overall LTE strategy across the both noted global footprints. This position will require an understanding of LTE, principles surrounding wireless roaming, device planning and roadmaps, and key interfaces with both internal and external stakeholder groups. This is a unique opportunity to gain global experience and understand how Verizon Wireless can capitalize on its LTE footprint for the next 3-5 years. This position will require some international travel as LTE roaming relationships are developed.
• Lead the strategic planning for Global LTE Roaming within the Canadian and Western European footprints.
• Support inbound and outbound LTE carrier discussions with a focus on building carrier relationships
• Support delivery of a ‘go to market’ package for global LTE roaming and deliver to carriers overseas to drive roaming relationships
• Understand and leverage long term LTE network planning to take advantage of inbound and outbound roaming opportunities
• Promote IMS/VoLTE/RCS through direct carrier meeting or support at industry conferences
• Expand the international LTE roaming footprint through compelling negotiations
• Identify industry trends and developments to ensure Verizon Wireless can effectively compete with new technology developments and competitors.
• Lay the groundwork to deliver a best in class global LTE services that meet and exceed market demands
• Lead discussions and negotiations with a large number of carriers concurrently
• Prepare regular status reports for both the Global Services team as well as senior leadership when required to read out on the status of roaming plans and negotations
• Assist in managing carrier relationships and applicable contracts where LTE is a major component
• Drive additional inbound and outbound roaming revenues, assuring a long term profitable position
• Assist in decisions on all group administrative and operational matters that have significant impact on the overall success of growth and revenue.
• When required, meet with carriers in their home market or represent Verizon Wireless at required international and domestic conferences focusing on LTE roaming.
• 5+ years of wireless/telecommunications/
• 3+ years of product development and management
• 3+ years of general business management, preferably wireless or roaming related
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills
• Proven track record as a successful negotiator with all levels of management
• Demonstrated track record in the development and deployment of products and new technologies.
• Technical leadership and excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communications skills
• Excellent judgment and the ability to handle escalated situations.
• Proven ability to build relationships and work independently
• High energy, self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.